Song of Solomon - Chapter 3

Song of Solomon - Chapter 3

1 All night long I was tossing in my bed - wanting some passionate lovemaking with my man.  My body and soul were burning with desire for him, but he wasn’t there.
2 In my mind I fantasized leaving my bed in the middle of the night and looking throughout the city, throughout the streets, searching until I found him.  But I couldn’t find him.

3 The guards who patrol the city found me in my lingerie.  “Have you seen my lover, my soul’s true love?” I asked.

4 In my fantasy, as soon as I asked, there he was.  I found my beloved.  I pressed my body against his and would not let go.  I immediately wanted him, so I brought him to my mother’s house and into the bed, wondering if my mother enjoying lovemaking this much when she conceived me.    

5 (I must warn the young virgins of Jerusalem, do not awaken your arousal for love until it is the right time for marital passion!  When you do, it is uncontrollable, like the virile buck mating a young doe right out in the open fields)

6 Then I remembered our wedding day.  Everyone asking, who is she, as they watched me coming up from the wilderness.  The procession surrounded by columns of dust and perfumed with the fragrance of myrrh and frankincense.
7 I lay in King Solomon’s special marriage bed carriage, guarded by sixty valiant men, Israel’s mightiest warriors.

8 They were all experienced bodyguards and skilled swordsmen. Each one had his sword upon his thigh to guard our marriage bed against anything that would disrupt the consummation of our marriage.

9 This was followed by King Solomon himself, in a beautiful royal carriage, made from the finest wood, imported from Lebanon.

10 With posts fashioned from shining silver, the canopy embroidered with gold, its seat covered with royal purple, its interior lovingly woven by the daughters of Jerusalem 

11 Come see, O daughters of Zion! Come and feast your eyes on King Solomon in all his royalty, wearing the special crown, prepared by his mother for his wedding day, the day his heart overflowed with joy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of Solomon - Chapter 4

Song of Solomon - Chapter 1

Song of Solomon - Chapter 8